Home
About us
Amber's Livonia
Amber's Canton
Amber's Westland
Special Events
Products
Contact
KEEPSAKES
Keepsake Clubs
   
 

We're a Hallmark Gold Crown Store

Hallmark Cards, Inc. was founded in 1910 by Joyce C. Hall who sold post cards out of his YMCA room until the volume of mail forced him to open an office with his brother, aptly named “Hall Brothers.”

Resourceful as they were, gift wrap was born in 1917 when the Hall Brothers ran out of colored Christmas tissue and improvised by selling fancy decorated French envelope linings.

National attention was gained in 1928 when Hallmark began appearing on the back of every greeting card and the company’s first ad appeared in Ladies Home Journal. And who doesn't know the slogan “When You Care Enough to Send the Very Best”?

It was launched in 1944 to share with the world the company’s uncompromising quality. Over the years, Hallmark has become consumers’ preferred brand of greeting cards and has shaped the face of the personal expression industry by creating products that help consumers find words to comfort and heal, to celebrate the smallest events and largest milestones, and to make connections and enrich lives.Visit Hallmark's web site: www.Hallmark.com


Hallmark is still owned by the family. Here the CEO of Hallmark, Inc. Don Hall, Jr. takes owner Rita Selenis on a tour of Hallmark corporate headquarters in Kansas City.

Amber's Hallmark is an independent retailer that operates closely with Hallmark Cards, Inc. To be certified as a Gold Crown store, we must meet certain guidelines and obligations. It allows us to carry exclusive Gold Crown products as well as accept the Crown Rewards Card.


While Rita is mentored by the grandson of Hallmark founder J.C. Hall, her husband, Robert Selenis relies on inspiration from his invisible friend Harvey for his marketing plans and events. (Does anyone see him besides me?)

The first Amber's Hallmark began operating in September of 2003 in it's original location on the corner of Middlebelt and Five Mile Road. The owners, Rita and Robert Selenis who are long time Livonia residents, acquired their second store in Canton in 2007 and the third store in Westland in 2008.